Friday, December 21, 2007

Message from a friend

Hello everyone!  Happy Advent and Merry Christmas!
 
I just got this email from our classmate Romano who has been stationed in Qatar for the last month and a half.  I thought you might enjoy reading it--I did.
 
Please pray for Romano and all our brave soldiers overseas.
Hi Rob,
 
Hope Monday School has been a success, so far.  I've been here at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, for about six weeks.  I have about a month to go.  Yes, I am reading "Theology and Sanity," among other things ( i.e. The Letters of Mother Teresa, Pope Benedict's first Encyclical).  I don't believe I exaggerate when I say that, aside from the Bible, "Theology ..." is the most important book I've ever read.  I'm on page 270 and I'm just amazed at how much clearer I see God.  I think it should be required reading for every Catholic.  (Our computer firewall prevents me from accessing your blogspot, so I don't know how far along in the book the class is.) 
 
Please say hi to my classmates for me, and you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
 
Sincerely.
Your friend,
 
Romano Cedillos

No comments: